San Mateo County Harbor District, an independent Special District, is looking for a talented Project Manager to manage Harbor and Marina Capital Improvement projects from limited to moderate size. The occupant of this contract, non-status position reports to the Harbor Master, and is responsible for the overall coordination of the projects from design through implementation, managing scope, budget, schedule and all communications. We are looking for a Project Manager with harbor and marine experience who can perform the following functions:
· Manage and coordinate projects of varying size and complexity
· Develop cost estimates, establish budget and project schedules
· Review and prepare detailed scopes of work
· Negotiate, award and write subcontracts and material purchases
· Monitor and control all change orders, RFP’s and submittals
· Prepare reports and forecasts on projects for management and Board of Harbor Commissioners
· Facilitate internal meetings, communications and design review
· Report project status regularly to teams, management and clients.
· Projects typically are maintenance, construction, capital and operational projects.
The successful candidate is a leader who has demonstrated success in managing complex projects.Must have excellent computer skills and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Proven ability to keep projects on schedule and on budget
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Dedication to detail and organization
· Ability to direct the team to do great work within the time/budget parameters
· Ability to work independently and manage communication in all levels
· Operational knowledge of CAD, MS Project and or similar programs
· Operational knowledge of computerized work order and preventive maintenance programs.
· Demonstrated experience with marine based maintenance and construction in a port, harbor or marina.
If you are interested, please provide the following:
· Min of 5 contactable professional references.
· Min of 3 letters of recommendation from job related references
· Copies of any certifications received since 2011.
· A one page typed letter (font size 12, font type Times New Roman) describing how your skills match closely match the position and why we should hire you for the position.
Please email your Resume, salary history and requirements to email@example.com or mail to: District Office at 400 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 300, South San Francisco, CA must be received by COB, Tuesday, September 10, 2013 at 4:00 p.m. For more information: 650-583-4400