There were over 400 submissions this year from all over the United States for the 29th Annual Coastal Arts League Juried Competition in Half Moon Bay.
Only 50 entries were chosen and are currently on exhibit at the Coastal Arts League Gallery & Museum, 300 Main Street in Half Moon Bay, through Jan. 19, 2014.
At last weekend's Coastal Arts League Juried Show Awards Ceremony & Reception, juror Jonathan Fung gave out the awards with up to $950 given:
- Stuart Harwood – Best of Show
- Shirley Zynda Award – Best of Show Photo
- Bernice Seymore Award – Best of Show 2-D
- Zoe Tierney Award for Best of Show 3-D
- First runner up 2-D
- First runner up 3-D
- 6 Honorable Mention
Deb Wong, who has run the show for the past three years, was also recognized at the event.
The Coastal Arts League (CAL) has been supporting the arts and artists since 1979. CAL is a non-profit corporation operated by volunteers committed to the arts.
CAL’s objective is to develop and support creative artistic talent in the Coastside Community. The Coastal Arts League maintains a free Museum and a Museum Store to showcase the talent of Coastside artists and art groups. Monthly exhibitions in the Museum may be the work of individual artists, or other regional art organizations. CAL's exhibits offer a diverse range of 2-D & 3-D art in its annual shows, or in new & featured exhibits each year.
The 2013 list of exhibits give a good example of the breadth and depth of exhibits at The Coastal Arts League.
- Mavericks: Everest of the Seas
- Coastal Arts League 2013 Members Show
- View Reception Photos here
- Mauro’s Piano: Photos by Lars Howlett, Paintings by Mauro Ffortissimo
- HMB High School
- Colony of Coastside Artists
- 2013 Kellicut International Juried Photo Show
- FOUND COLORS: New Photographs and Paintings
- Paintings by Barbara Lambert
- Photography by Marie LaPrade
- Colored Pencil Society of America DC210 San Francisco Chapter
- “Explorations in Colored Pencil”
- 2013 Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival Ad Poster Design Contest
- Ceramics and Pottery Show
- Coastal Arts League 29th Annual Juried Show
Up next is MAVERICKS – EVEREST OF THE SEAS January 24 – March 2, 2014 with a Reception: February 1, 2014 from 5-8 PM
To see more photos from the Coastal Arts League opening reception, click here.
Information in this article was provided by VisitHalfMoonBay.org.