Alvaro Jaramillo is back this Saturday to lead Coastside Land Trust's (CLT) popular Raptor Identification Workshop. Come learn about the Coastside birds of prey: hawks, eagles, falcons, kites and owls. We’ll study field marks, behavior, ecology and migratory patterns. Learn how to tell them apart and where to find them. The Workshop and Walk are suitable for beginning to expert birders and families. Light refreshments will be served.
Workshop 1–2:30 p.m.
Sea Crest School, 901 Arnold Way, Half Moon Bay
Workshop leader: Alvaro Jaramillo, HMB biologist, life-long birder, eco-tour guide to the Americas, and author of Field Guide to the Birds of Chile and New World Blackbirds.
***Volunteers are needed to help set up seating, please let us know if you can come early to help.***
Bird Walk 3–5 p.m.
Meet at Smith Field, at the end of Wavecrest Rd.
Bird Walk leaders: Alvaro Jaramillo and Gary Deghi, HMB wildlife biologist, environmental consultant and Sequoia Audubon Society member. Dress in layers and wear sturdy shoes. Light refreshments will be served. Workshop will be held rain or shine, however, if weather is extreme the decision to proceed will be made at Smith Field.
Workshop donation: Adults - $15, Seniors - $5, Kids - free
Bird Walk- free
Ongoing & Upcoming:
• CLT Gallery Holiday Art Show, on display until tomorrow
• Seabird and Songbird Workshop, April 13 @ Sea Crest School. 1-5pm
• CLT Gallery Midwinter Art Show, Opening Reception Feb 10, 2-5pm
• Midwinter show runs Feb 3- April 12
• Now is the time to plant for natives, for sale @ CLT - 3 for $20
• Sponsor a Goat or Sheep to return in 2013 to graze CLT open space. 1 notecard - $10
Please call or email for more information: