For the final HMBIM course tour weekend, I’ve put together a 2 event series that I’m really excited about. Through this year’s runs I’ve noticed two groups of runners emerge that, for me as a coach and HMBIM Course Tour organizer, create a challenge in bringing an experience that supports the overall HMBIM experience. To better devote myself to these two type of runners I’ve decided split the remaining training runs into two formats. Come to one or both!
Course Tour of Southern Portion of HMBIM, Saturday Sept 8th
The first event is on Saturday, September 8th at 9:00AM. It’ll continue with the successful format of past course tours. This tour will be covering the entire 16 mile Southern section of the HMBIM marathon course. This day best fits runners that are looking to get in an 8 to 16 mile conversational pace training run in preparation for either the marathon or ½ marathon and would like to do it on the HMBIM course with guides from the Coastside Running Club. Please visit the Course Tour Event Page for all the wonderful run details and maps.
Class & Cruise, Sunday Sept 9th
The second event is on Sunday, September 9th at 8:00AM. This is a NEW format (Class & Cruise) tailored towards creating an inviting and comfortable running environment for new runners through a balance of education and short, slow paced runs. Our first event will be a wonderful experience thanks to the support of our HMBIM sponsors, Coastal Lifestyles and the Half Moon Bay Balance Center. I invite everyone to come out (you don't need to be an HMBIM registered runner), have some fun, and talk running. Please visit the Course Tour Event Page for more information.
Here are the Class & Cruise Highlights:
- The event is being hosted by Coastal Lifestyles gym in their upstairs classroom with wonderful ocean views.
- We’ll have a 20 minute discussion of beginner running topics spanning pacing, hydration, and running gear by HMBIM’s Director of Training and RRCA certified running coach Franz Dill.
- Leighanna Murphy from the Half Moon Bay Balance Center will discuss the benefits of sports massage during training as a form of injury prevention and improved performance.
- Following we’ll have an open Q&A period to answer questions about HMBIM race day, training, or running in general.
- To get us warmed up and ready for our run, Joseph Chlubna of Coastal Lifestyles will lead us through a custom designed routine that you’ll be able to “take with you” on race day.
- And finally we’ll go on a wonderfully scenic, slow paced, and guided 3 mile run on a portion of the HMBIM course where the classroom interactions can continue.
- It’s FREE.
- If you're a registered HMBIM runner, couple the Class & Cruise with Coastal Lifestyles' complementary membership through the month of September!
Enjoy the Run!