On November 6, 2012, elections will take place in which we’ll choose our next president, members of Congress, state lawmakers, and decide eleven state propositions and local measures/candidates.
We would like to share a few important dates and new information related to the November 6 elections:
- Mail-in ballots are now on their way to you from Registrar of Voters' offices if you've requested them. Or you can ask for one here, online.
- If you haven’t registered, the last day to register to vote is Oct. 22, 2012. Online voter registration is available on the Secretary of State's website. Over 400,000 Californians have registered online in the past three weeks since the launch on Wednesday, September 19, 2012. We Facebooked and Tweeted National Voter Registration Day (#nvrd) on September 25, 2012, using the full extent of our social media reach to highlight online voter registration. However, there are six more million Californians that have not registered yet. Don't be left out!
- Attend voter education events in San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties
- Refer to MVOF non-partisan information regarding November elections
- We are running 14 GOTV video ads in eight languages on our Youtube channel and at KTSF, Univision and other Spanish media that will reach over two million target immigrants in the Bay Area.
- 30 De Anza and high school students and over 100 volunteers are conducting numerous voter registration drives before the deadline and several other outreach activities daily til Nov. 6.
- Our 2012 Video GOTV Contest closed for entries yesterday, October 15. Public voting on finalists starts soon -- check our page for details and to vote on which one motivates you to go to the polls!
This November, please exercise your rights and be an informed voter. Join your family and friends at the polls!