Oh, have we already met? It’s possible …
I might be a familiar byline to some of you (I’ve been a reporter and editor in Marin for more than four years), or a recognizable face to a few others (I’ve lived in San Rafael for more than three years).
But now I’m your local editor. And if we haven’t already met, we should.
I’ll start by telling you a bit about myself.
I spent the last eight months as the editor of the San Anselmo – Fairfax Patch. Before that, I was an editor at Marinscope Newspapers for nearly four years. I spent most of my time as editor of the Sausalito Marin Scope, writing about everything from adorable sea lions to mega yachts anchored in the bay to the Sausalito City Council’s contentious local politics, including an infamous slap squabble. Marin communities I’ve reported on include Sausalito, Larkspur, Corte Madera, Ross Valley and occasionally San Rafael.
Since I started working in Marin I’ve earned several journalism honors. I received first place awards for coverage of local government and coverage of education as well as other top honors for environmental reporting, “best front page,” and “public service” in the 2011 and 2010 statewide California Newspaper Publishers Association Better Newspapers Contests.
When I’m not working I like to be hiking in Marin and taking dance classes. I took ballet classes from a professional dance academy for more than 14 years, but now I spend most of my time studying Silvestre Technique (a Brazilian modern dance), afro-Brazilian, samba and contemporary dance at Roco Dance in Fairfax. I’m also a regular at San Rafael’s MoveMe Studio, where I take yoga and dance classes. And, I love to travel.
That’s enough about me!
I need you to help me make this site a great community resource.
Please get involved on San Rafael Patch! There are plenty of ways:
- Post your Events and Announcements on the site. They’ll not only appear in our community calendar or announcements page, but they’ll make it into our daily newsletter.
- Follow us on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts to stay on top of breaking news, traffic alerts and test your knowledge of your neighborhood with my “Where did I take this?” photos.
- Write a review of your favorite San Rafael businesses
- Add a photo to our community photo gallery (We’ll feature our favorites on the home page!)
- Comment on any of our news articles or blog posts.
- Start blogging on Patch.
- Finally, sign up for our daily newsletter so you stay on top of everything happening in town!
I always appreciate news tips and feedback. This is, after all, YOUR local news site. You can reach me at Jessica.Mullins@patch.com or on my cell at (415) 265-0966.