A 17-year-old El Granada man on Friday pleaded not guilty to charges of attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon in connection with a recent stabbing incident of four men in Half Moon Bay, the San Mateo County District Attorney's Office said yesterday.
Wilmer Manuel Ucan, an associate of the Norteños street gang in Half Moon Bay, is facing four counts of attempted murder and four counts of assault with a deadly weapon.
Prosecutors believe Ucan participated in the Jan. 28 incident which took place outside a wedding held at IDES Hall on Main St.
Included in the charges are three sentencing enhancements which could make Ucan's prison sentence longer if he is convicted: one for great bodily injury, one for a criminal street gang and another for personal use of a firearm when committing a felony.
The incident allegedly took place as the result of a dispute Ucan got involved with at the wedding, the Sheriff's Office said.
Last month, San Mateo County Superior Court assigned attorney Kevin Nowack to represent Ucan as part of the county's private defender program.
The San Mateo County Sheriff's Office has not released Ucan's booking photo due to his juvenile status.
Ucan, who was last month, remains in custody on no bail status.
The juvenile is scheduled to next appear in court on April 18 for a preliminary hearing.
Got Patch? Sign up for our newsletter by clicking on the "Patch Newsletter" link on the top right of our homepage.
Want to blog for us? Click here.