Home prices along the San Mateo County coast — from Pacifica to Half Moon Bay — will rise upwards of 7 percent this year, according to a study conducted by an online real estate site.
Zillow.com expects home prices in 244 of the 245 zip codes in the Bay Area to rise in 2013. The only exception will be the 94515 zip code in Calistoga, according to a story in the San Francisco Chronicle.
The story suggests that the primary reason for the price increase is the tight inventory, a lack of homes for sale on the market.
But even with the increase, prices still lag behind peak prices of a few years ago.
Here is the individual zip code data for Half Moon Bay, La Honda, Montara, Moss Beach and Pacifica.Zip Code Dec. 2012 median Dec. 2013 projection Increase % decrease from peak price 94019 $703,300 $749,088.11 6.5% -16.7 percent 94020 $543,000 $555,994.02 2.4% -25.2 percent 94037 $732,700 $775,451.85 5.8% -16.1 percent 94038 $715,900 $747,932.09 4.5% -16.9 percent 94044 $556,200 $598,291.38 7.6% -24.3 percent
More on Patch here:
- Photos: Dancers at Sunset on the Secluded Strand of Martin's Beach
- Bag Ban Battle Rises to State Level
- San Mateo County's Median Home Price Continues to Rise
- Sheriff’s Deputies Save Two Girls from Burning Home
- Devil's Slide Tunnels — a Massive Art Installation