Come join Committee for Green Foothills as our farm tour returns to the San Mateo coast! We'll visit Giusti Farms with its traditional crops of artichokes, leeks and brussel sprouts; enjoy lunch at TomKat Ranch where rotational grazing is helping restore grasslands and reduce erosion; walk among the veggies and flowers at Fifth Crow Farm, a certified organic, highly diversified small farm; and conclude with a stroll through the farm fields at Pie Ranch where an exciting educational program is integrated with sustainable farming. To cap off our fun filled day, we'll head to the barn to enjoy famously delicious homemade pie! This is one of our most popular educational tours and space is limited, so sign up early to ensure a seat on the bus!
You may also call Karin at (650) 968-7243 x 340 to secure your tickets.
The tour stops and speakers include:
- Three generations of farming at the edge of Half Moon Bay
- Challenges to ensure farmland availability now and in the future
- Innovative grazing and sustainable farming techniques
- Diversified crops and new community partnerships
- John Giusti, Giusti Farms
- Kathy Webster and Jeremiah Stent, TomKat Ranch
- Richard King, former USDA NRCS rangeland specialist, ecologist, and biologist
- Teresa Kurtak, Fifth Crow Farms
- Jered Lawson and Nancy Vail, Pie Ranch
Limited tickets available, ages 18 and older, $65 for members; $85 for non-members. Fee covers the cost of transportation, lunch, and special Pie Ranch dessert. We will load the touring bus in Half Moon Bay.