Classes begin in the Cabrillo Unified School District four weeks from Monday, on Aug. 27.
If you haven't already enrolled your children, here are the requirements supplied by the District--
Age of Admission:
Per the new Kindergarten Readiness Act of 2010, starting with the 2012-2013 school year and over the next four years, the required birth date for admittance to kindergarten will be pushed back. Please refer to the following schedule to determine if a child is old enough to attend kindergarten:2012-13 Born on or before Nov. 1, 2007 - Kindergarten
Born between Nov. 2 and Dec. 1, 2007 - Transitional Kindergarten 2013-14 Born on or before Oct. 1, 2008 - Kindergarten
Born between Oct. 2 and Dec. 1, 2008 - Transitional Kindergarten 2014-15 Born on or before Sept. 1, 2009 - Kindergarten
Born between Sept. 2 and Dec. 1, 2009 - Transitional Kindergarten
Immunization Record showing immunization against:
- POLIO - 3 doses meet requirement for ages 4 6 years if at least 1 was given on or after the 4th birthday*
- DIPHTHERIA, TETANUS, PERTUSSIS (Whooping Cough) - 4 doses meet requirements for ages 4 6 years if at least 1 was on or after the 4th birthday*
- MEASLES, MUMPS, RUBELLA (German Measles) - 2 doses both on or after 1st birthday*
- TB Test and Results
- HEPATITIS B - 3 doses at any age
- VARICELLA (Chickenpox) - 1 dose**
* Receipt of the dose up to (and including) 4 days before the birthday will satisfy the school entry immunization requirement
** Physician-documented varicella disease history or immunity meets the varicella requirement
Proof of Residency:
Per Board Policy, prior to admission in district schools, students shall provide proof of residency. Reasonable evidence of residency may be established by documentation including, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Property tax payment receipts
- Rent payment receipts
- Utility service payment receipts
- Declaration of residency executed by the student’s parent/guardian
Birth Certificate: A birth certificate, certified copy of birth record, baptismal record, or passport will serve as proof of the child's birth date.
California Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Form: A report of health checkup will be given to you at the time of registration and will need to be completed by a doctor before your child can start school.
CUSD Registration Form: A Cabrillo Unified School District Registration Form must be completed.