Widespread parity in San Mateo County baseball means plenty of movement in Patch’s rankings. Only two teams remain in the same spot they were in last week.
With two weeks left in the regular season, here is a look at how San Mateo County teams stack up. The top-10 weekly rankings are drawn from all schools in the county.
Records are based on reported games played through Monday, May 2.
1. Serra 16-9 (Last week: 1) Rare territory: traditional power enters final week needing a win to avoid sub-.500 WCAL finish.
2. Carlmont 16-6 (3) Rides 7-game win streak into series with Burlingame; in dead heat for PAL Bay title with El Camino at 7-3.
3. Menlo School 18-5 (2) Recent struggles against tough competition may be a benefit come CCS; only one real test in WBAL.
4. El Camino 11-10-1 (4) Can’t overlook Aragon despite last-place standing; Dons recently split with Burlingame and Terra Nova.
5. Menlo-Atherton 15-8 (7) Very little separates bottom 6 teams in rankings; shares 3rd in Bay with Burlingame and Terra Nova at 5-5.
6. Half Moon Bay 18-5 (8) Tough to judge Cougars against mid-pack Bay teams; true comparison will come in postseason.
7. Terra Nova 12-9-1 (9) Young team’s resilience highlighted in 3-2 Bay record after losing stalwart Cascone.
8. Sacred Heart Prep 13-10 (10) Bradford’s no-hitter vs. Hillsdale another sign Gators are surging in the second half.
9. Hillsdale 13-9 (6) Can’t seem to find earlier groove; needs to capitalize on favorable finishing slate of Sequoia and Aragon.
10. Burlingame 11-11 (5) Still waiting for Panthers to hit the gas; splits against Aragon and Sequoia dragging BHS down.