San Mateo County Reports:
Health System Hosts Events for Mental Health Awareness Month
In recognition of May as National Mental Health Awareness Month, San Mateo County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services will host “STAND UP for Mental Wellness” and “Faces of Hope.” These events aim to raise public awareness around the stigma of mental illness, highlighting the importance of seeking help and the barriers individuals and families face in getting the help they need. The events are free and open to the public.
The event “STAND UP for Mental Wellness” kicks off Mental Health Awareness Month with digital stories and community voices that challenge the question of “What is Normal?”.
The “Faces of Hope” gallery will showcase the faces and stories of resilience and hope from San Mateo County residents living with a mental illness or substance abuse condition.
“STAND UP for Mental Wellness”: May 1 at 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
San Mateo County Health System, 225 37th Ave, Room 100, San Mateo
The public is encouraged to RSVP KMacasa@smcgov.org or (650) 573-2541
“Faces of Hope” Gallery: 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- May 1: Daly City, City Hall, 333 90th Street, Daly City (3rd Floor Atrium)
- May 6: Redwood City Main Library, 1044 Middlefield Road, Redwood City § May 7: Half Moon Bay Library, 620 Correas Street, Half Moon Bay
- May 8: Foster City Library, 1000 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Foster City
- May 13: East Palo Alto Library, 2415 University Avenue, East Palo Alto
- May 15: San Carlos Library, 610 Elm Street, San Carlos