Kaiser Permanente’s local Community Benefit Grants Program awarded grants to 47 different community nonprofit organizations throughout San Mateo County this week, to help improve the health of their communities.
Half Moon Bay nonprofits Boys & Girls Club, RotaCare and El Centro de Libertad were among the 47 agencies to receive the grant funding.
The grants totaled $610,000, and come at a time when resources of all kinds for community-based organizations and private donations are declining.
Kaiser Permanente spokespersons said they area pleased to partner with these organizations to help them maintain the work they do everyday to support local communities in need.
“This funding will help provide a positive impact on our communities’ health,” said Frank Beirne, senipor vice-president and area manager for Kaiser Permanente in the San Mateo Area.
“Partnering with community-based organizations is one way we help transform neighborhoods and communities into healthier places to live, work and play.”
Kaiser Permanente’s Community Benefit Advisory Board evaluated requests from more than 100 organizations. Grant applicants were required to align their requests with one of five health priorities selected by the medical centers for the 2012 grant cycle - childhood obesity, access to care, at-risk youth behavior, the health of our aging population, and violence.
Funding ranged from $5,000 to $35,000 for each grant. The grants are listed below.
- Boys & Girls Club of the Mid Peninsula
- Boys & Girls Club of Northern San Mateo County
- Daly City Peninsula Partnership Collaborative's Healthy Aging Response Team
- Jefferson Union High School District
- Pacifica Environment Family
- South San Francisco Library's Learning Wheels program
- RotaCare of the Bay Area
- Samaritan House - Safe Harbor
- South San Francisco High School
- Adolescent Counseling Services of Redwood City
- Catholic Charities for San Carlos Adult Day Services
- Collective Roots of East Palo Alto
- Dreamer Hall of Fame of Redwood City
- El Concillo of San Mateo County
- Family Connections
- Friends for Youth
- Friends of the Veterans Memorial Center
- International Institute of the Bay Area
- The YMCA of East Palo Alto
- Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center
- Peninsula Family Service Agency
- Peninsula Volunteers
- Ravenswood Family Health Center Pharmaceutical Practices - Access; Aging
- San Mateo County Health Foundation
- San Mateo Police Activities League (PAL)
- The Sequoia YMCA
- Shelter Network
- San Mateo County Sheriff's Activity League
- St. Francis Center of Redwood City
- Teen Talk Sexuality Education
- American Heart Association
- Bay Area Legal Aid
- Boys & Girls Club of Half Moon Bay
- Coastside Adult Day Health Center
- Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse
- El Centro de Libertad - Half Moon Bay
- Ombudsman Services of San Mateo County
- Peninsula Association for Retarded Children and Adults (PARCA)
- Peninsula Jewish Community Center (PJCC) of Foster City
- Rape Trauma Services
- RotaCare - Half Moon Bay
- San Mateo County Health System
- San Mateo County Fall Prevention Task Force
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Special Olympics - NCAL